The University of Benin (UNIBEN) Post UTME (PUTME) and Post DIRECT ENTRY (PUDE) Admission Screening Exercise for 2022/2023 Academic Session is scheduled to hold between Monday 14th November, 2022 and Thursday 24th November, 2022 in designated centres within Ugbowo Campus of the University.
The Screening Exercise shall be conducted using the Computer Based Test (CBT) mode.
Candidates are expected to fulfill the following criteria:
- Only candidates who applied through JAMB for the 2022/2023 UTME and DIRECT ENTRY Admission and chose University of Benin as First Choice and scoring 200 and above (for UTME Candidates) are eligible for this Screening Exercise.
- Obtained at least Five (5) credit passes at GCE O/L, SSCE, NECO, or their equivalent. The subjects must include English Language, and Mathematics (for courses for which a credit in mathematics is required) as well as three other relevant subjects (four if excluding mathematics); at not more than two sittings.
- Candidates are advised to have a valid e-mail account before commencing the application process.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
All applications should be made between 8.00am, Friday 30th September, 2022, and Midnight of Monday, 7th November, 2022.
The procedure for the 2022/2023 Admission Screening (Post UTME and Post Direct Entry) Application is as follows:
- Visit www.uniben.edu
- Click on WAEUP Student Portal.
- Click on Register for Application at the top left of the displayed page to proceed.
- Enter your Surname exactly as written on the JAMB Registration Slip, and your JAMB Registration number. Immediately, your ID and Password will be displayed on the browser on the WAEUP KOFA Student Portal, click on ‘login’ (top right of front page).
- Enter your Username and Password to login.
- To start the application process, please click on the ‘Application Record’, and provide all required information.
- To pay for the Application, click on “Add Online Payment Ticket” at the bottom of the page. Thereafter, click on “Pay via Remita” on the top left corner of the page. Follow the instructions to pay the application gross fee of Two Thousand Naira (N2, 000.00) only, using a valid ATM-Enabled Card from any Commercial Bank in Nigeria.
- Preview and confirm your information before submitting your application online (No correction will be accepted after the closing date).
- Go back online on the appointed date to print out the acknowledgement slip that contains your specific screening schedule.
Grouping of the Courses for the Screening Exercise:
- Environmental Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Education – Physical Sciences
- Technical Education
- Statistics (Pure Science option)
BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
Life Sciences Education – Life Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Home Economics
- Veterinary Medicine
- Education – Social Sciences
- Early Childhood Education
- Library and Information Science
- Guidance and Counseling
- Special Education
- Adult Education
- Mathematics & Economics
- Estate Management
- Education – Arts
CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO GO BACK ONLINE AS FROM TUESDAY 8TH NOVEMBER, 2022 TO CHECK FOR THEIR SPECIFIC DAY, VENUE AND TIME FOR THE SCREENING.
ALL CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO BE SEATED, LATEST ONE HOUR BEFORE THE STIPULATED TIME FOR THEIR SCREENING EXERCISE.
MOBILE PHONES AND CALCULATORS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
Candidates are to come to the Screening Centre with the following:
- Acknowledgement slip
- Screening Invitation Slip that contains the screening schedule
Application Closing Date:
Application website closes by Midnight of Monday, 7th November, 2022 (i.e., all applications must be concluded online not later than Monday, 7th November, 2022). Candidates, who pay after the deadline of Midnight of Monday, November, 2022 will not be screened.