Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates into Lagos State University of Education (LASUED) for admission into the available degree programmes for the 2022/2023 Academic Session.
The cut off mark for 2022/ 2023 admission exercise is 150.
MODE OF APPLICATION
The application form shall be obtainable online via the institution’s application portal.
The application form is available for Two Thousand Naira (N2,000.00) only. This is excluding charges.
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Admission will be open to all, irrespective of race, tribe, religion, sex or political affiliation. Candidates are admitted into the degree programmes in any of the following three ways:
- The University Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME)
- Direct Entry
- Inter-University Transfer
UTME and Direct Entry Modes
Admission will be open to all, irrespective of race, tribe, religion, sex or political leanings. Prospective students would however need to satisfy the following general requirements:
- Admissions shall be through the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB);
- For admission to 100-Level through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), candidates should:
- Obtain at least five (5) credit passes at Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) or equivalent in relevant subjects including English Language in not more than two sittings;
- Score a minimum of 150 points in UTME.
- Pass the Post-UTME organised by the University.
- For admission into 200-Level (Direct Entry), candidates should (in addition to 5 SSCE credits in relevant subjects, including English Language):
Obtain at least 2 “A-” level (or its equivalent) passes at GCE or its equivalent in relevant subjects. Holders of Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) with at least Merit passes in the relevant subjects are eligible for admission. Holders of OND/ND with overall Upper Credit Passes are eligible for admission to 200 level of the relevant programme provided that such candidates also satisfy the requirements for admission through UTME.
INTER UNIVERSITY TRANSFER MODE
Students can transfer into 200-Level courses provided they have the relevant qualifications. The College is to satisfy itself that the grades obtained by such candidates are acceptable.
In addition to the general admission requirements stated above, a candidate must meet specific requirements, as indicated in the various programmes.