JAMB has published the list of Prohibited Items that will not be allowed into any of its centres during this year’s examination. In order to ensure that the board’s examinations meet best global practice, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has prohibited the use of the following items during examinations:
- Electronic devices such as:
- Mobile phones
- Spy reading glasses
- Ear piece
- Bluetooth devices
- Hard disk and other similar storage devices
- Smart lenses
- Books or any reading/writing material
- Ink/pen readers
- Key holders
- ATM cards
- Smart rings/jewelries
Candidates are hereby advised not to bring these items close to the examination venue in their best interest. Any breach of this directive would bar the candidates from taking the examination.”
Instructions To Officials And Candidates on Biometric Verification
- Biometric Verification will be the only mode for the admittance of candidates into the examination centre. Strict adherence to the guide on compulsory biometric verification of every candidate is required.
- No Candidate should be kept waiting if he/she cannot be verified. Such a candidate should be recaptured at the centre before leaving. ONLY genuine cases will subsequently be treated.
- There is no other Attendance Register apart from the biometric verification. Biometric verification will also serve as Attendance Register during examinations.
- Photo Albums will only carry pictures with no marking points for either Present or Absent status.
- All Examination Officials, including the security agents, are to ensure compliance with all guidelines, rules, and regulations on the examination.