Igbinedion University hereby invites applications for first year and direct entry admissions to undergraduate programmes from purpose-driven and ambitious candidates.
Admission Registration for 2022/2023 Academic Session
ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES (Economics & Development Studies, English, Geography & Regional Planning, Mass Communication, Political Science & Public Administration, International Relations, Sociology & Anthropology, Theatre Arts)
SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES (Accounting, Banking & Finance, Business Administration)
OBA EREDIAUWA COLLEGE OF LAW (Bachelor of Law, LL.B)
GENERAL ABDULSALAMI ABUBAKAR COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING (Civil, Chemical, Computer, Electrical/Electronics, Mechanical, Petroleum Engineering)
OBA OKUNADE SIJUWADE COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES (Medicine & Surgery, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Nursing Science)
COLLEGE OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES (Chemistry & Industrial Chemistry, Computer Science & Information Technology, Microbiology)
DORA AKUNYILI COLLEGE OF PHARMACY (Pharmacy)
General Entry Requirements
- To be eligible for admission into the four-year disciplines and five or six-year professional programmes, candidates must possess a minimum of five credits at the GCE/WAEC, SSCE/NECO, or SSCE/NABTEB certificate examinations, which must include English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
- In addition, candidates seeking admission into Law must possess at least a credit pass in Literature in English. Candidates awaiting GCE/NECO SSCE/WAEC SSCE/NABTEB results are also encouraged to apply provided the results would be available by September, when the new session commences.
- Candidates may also seek admission into the 200 level of the degree programmes (except Medicine and Pharmacy) with the following qualifications:
- Passes in at least two subjects at the Advanced level and an additional subject at the subsidiary level in the General Certificate of Education Examination. The subjects must constitute a suitable preliminary to the intended courses.
- Diploma/NCE at credit level pass and above in the appropriate subjects from a recognized institution.
- IJMB in the appropriate subjects.
- First Degree in relevant discipline.
- In all these cases, candidates must also satisfy the requirements for matriculation viz: five credit passes at the GCE/WAEC SSCE/NECO SSCE/NABTEB.
Certificate examinations.Candidates are required to show evidence of application to JAMB.
Candidates applying for admission are required to sit for UTME and obtain the prescribed cut-off marks. This is a statutory requirement for entry into Nigerian universities
In addition, for students seeking transfer from another institution to Igbinedion University, Okada, an official copy of Academic Transcript is required, mailed to: The Registrar, Igbinedion University, Okada, Ovia North-East LGA; or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates who are above 22 years of age will not be deemed eligible for admission. Older candidates may be admitted under exceptional circumstances.
Accommodation is provided for all STUDENTS at the Okada Wonderland Estate.
Fees and Finances
IUO charges moderate and affordable fees. For details on payment of fees and other financial regulations, please click here
Post-UTME Screening Date and Centres
Upon completion of your admission form online, screening of relevant documents submitted will be done and the result communicated thereafter.
How To Apply
After reading and understanding the admission criteria detailed above, CLICK HERE TO proceed TO MAIN ADMISSION PORTAL
For more information, contact:
Admissions Officer: 07032924219
PRO : 08037937287
Director of ICT : 08034331960
F.B. BAKARE, Esq.