This is to inform all candidates who have applied for admission into Federal University of Technology (FUT), Minna for 2023/2024 academic session that the Registration/University’s Pre-Admission Screening Exercise (UPASE) will commence on Monday, 17th July, 2023 and end midnight of Sunday, 27th August, 2023.
- Only UTME and DE candidates who selected Federal University of Technology, Minna as first choice during 2023 JAMB are eligible for the screening exercise.
- UTME Candidates MUST have scored NOT LESS than the indicated minimum scores for various Schools/Courses/Programmes in the 2023 UTME as shown below:
|SCHOOL||PROGRAMME||RECOMMENDED CUT OFF MARKS|
|SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE & AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY(SAAT)||Agriculture||150|
|Food Science and Technology||160|
|Water Resources, Aquaculture & Fisheries Technology||150|
|SCHOOL OF ELECTRICAL AND ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY(SEET)||Computer Engineering||180|
|SCHOOL OF INFRASTRUCTURE, PROCESS ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY(SIPET)||Agric. and Bioresources Engineering||160|
|Material and Metallurgical Engineering||160|
|Petroleum and Gas Engineering||170|
|SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY(SET)||Architecture||200|
|Estate Management & Valuation||150|
|Surveying and Geoinformatics||150|
|Urban and Regional Planning||150|
|SCHOOL OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY(SICT)||Computer Science||180|
|Cyber Security Science||180|
|Information Science and Media Studies||150|
|SCHOOL OF INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY(SIT)||Entrepreneurship||150|
|Logistics and Transport Management||150|
|Project Management Technology||150|
|SCHOOL OF LIFE SCIENCES(SLS)||Animal Biology||150|
|SCHOOL OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES(SPS)||Applied Geophysics||150|
|SCHOOL OF SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION(SSTE)||Educational Technology||150|
|Industrial and Technology Education||150|
|Library and Information Science||150|
- Candidates MUST meet the minimum UTME scores for their chosen courses and have the right UTME subject combinations as prescribed in the 2023 JAMB Brochure.
- However, candidates who do not meet any of the above requirements will be allowed to change to any other course whose requirements are met by the candidates. The change of course will attract a processing fee of N2,000 only.
- All candidates must possess a minimum of five ‘O’ Level credits including Mathematics and English Language in subjects relevant to their proposed courses at not more than two sittings. In addition, Direct Entry candidates must possess a minimum of Lower Credit at National Diploma and/or Higher National Diploma level(s) or Merit at NCE level.
CANDIDATES ARE TO ENSURE THAT THEIR ‘O’ LEVEL RESULTS ARE UPLOADED ON THE JAMB WEBSITE – CAPS.
NOTE: For the list of relevant subjects for each Course/Programme, check the homepage of the University website. Any false declaration could lead to a candidate’s disqualification at any stage of the admission process.
- METHOD OF REGISTRATION
Click on “2023/2024 UPASE (2023 UTME & DE)”
On the page that appears, click on ‘UPASE- DE/UTME Login’
- Enter your JAMB registration number.
- Enter one of your names.
- Click on ‘Login’.
- Upload your ‘O’ level result(s).
- DE candidates should also upload their Higher level result(s).
- Choose any other course from the list of Departments if your UTME/’O’ level subject combinations do not meet the minimum requirements for the course registered with JAMB.
- Click on ‘Proceed to payment gateway’.
- Confirm your entries.
- Click on ‘payment link’ button to proceed to payment gateway.
- Payment is done through Debit Card (MasterCard – Most preferred) or Verve (only the ones enabled for online payment) or Bank branch (by generating RRR from application portal).
- Enter ATM Debit card details (Card number, expiry date, CVV 2 i.e the 3 digits behind your card, and pin number)
If payment is successful, the screen will display all the data you previously entered.
- Click on the ‘Print’ button to print the document
NOTE: Keep checking the University website for further information.
All enquiries should be directed to the following: email@example.com or call 08028949142 and 09023418632.