Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Pre-Degree Science (PDS) Programme, Centre for Continuing Education (CCE), The Federal University of Technology, Akure.
Objective of the Programme
The major objective of this Programme is to put in place appropriate arrangement for further education and training of candidates with requisite qualification (School Certificate) or its equivalent.
1. To be admitted into Pre-Degree Science Candidate should possess:
(a) SSCE/WASSCE/GCE/NECO with a minimum of credit pass in at least five subjects at two (2) sittings including English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. The other subject which should be relevant to the proposed courses, from Biology or Agriculture Science, Economics and Geography.
(b) A pass in Physics is only acceptable in the following departments:
- Estate Management
- Industrial Design
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Agricultural Economics and Extension
- Ecotourism and wildlife management
- Fisheries and Aquaculture Technology
- Crop Soil and Pest Management
(c) A pass in Chemistry is only acceptable in Architecture
2. To be admitted into the University Undergraduate programme after completion of PDS programme candidates must, in addition to (1) above:
- Obtain JAMB unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) form
- Choose FUTA as their First choice
- Obtain minimum aggregate score of 50% in the PDS final session examination.
- Obtain JAMB’s admission minimum aggregate score in UTME into 100 level and satisfy the University Admission Committee (UAC) requirements.
DURATION OF PDS PROGRAMME
The Programme will run for one Academic session of two semesters.
CONTACT PHONE NUMBERS:
- 09029572778 – Mr. Alo
MODE OF APPLICATION