Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified and eligible candidates for admission into various programmes of the Benson Idahosa University (BIU) for 2022/2023 Academic Session.
Commencement of Admissions
The undergraduate admission process is still open. The process starts with the prospective student completing the admissions form online at https://admissions.biuportal.net/ or obtaining our University’s admission form from any of our contact points in Port-Harcourt, Abuja, Lagos, Warri and the Admissions Office of the University campus on Ugbor Road, GRA, Benin City.
The mode of entry into the Degree program is either by JAMB-UME or Direct Entry. Please see the general entry requirement HERE
Entry by JAMB-UTME
This mode of entry requires the following minimum qualifications:
- Five credits in General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level or the Senior Secondary School (SSS) Certificate or Cambridge School Certificate, which should include; English Language, Mathematics, Government or History, obtained in not more than two sittings.
- Five credits in National Examinations Council (NECO) which should include; English Language, Mathematics, Government or History, obtained in not more than two sittings; or
- Any other equivalent qualification subject to the ratification by the University Senate and the University Matriculation Board.
- In all these, the subjects required for the Joint Matriculation Examinations Board (JAMB) are English Language, Mathematics, Government or History plus any other relevant subject.
Direct Entry (Three Academic Years)
This mode of entry requires the following minimum qualification:
- Requirements as in 1 above in addition to any of these
- Any of the following qualifications:
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced level or Higher School Certificate (HSC) with a minimum of two principal papers (at appreciable high grades) of “A” to “C” only, obtained in one sitting in the following subjects: Government, Economics, History, or British Constitution or three subjects in one sitting with grades between “A” and “E”;
- Diploma in Public Administration (DPA) with a credit grade or a minimum of merit grade, including other Diplomas such as social works; law, International Relations, etc., acceptable by the UMB or the Faculty Board;
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND) from a recognized Polytechnic or College of Technology with a minimum of upper credit in relevant discipline such as Government, Political Science or any Social Science discipline.
- National Certificate of Education (NCE) with specialization in Government or any social science discipline with a minimum of Upper credit.